- Format Virtual
- Duration 4 hours
- Price $475
The world of selling has changed drastically over the past decade. Not only has social media completely revolutionized the sales process, but globalization has had a dramatic effect on how much organisational and individual cultural values play a role in a seller’s ability to penetrate a new company, uncover new sales opportunities, and close a deal. In many instances, the process has become far more complex, thereby contributing to significantly longer sales cycles, smaller deal sizes, and decreased revenue.
CQ® Sales: Use Cultural Intelligence to Reach New Markets is an interactive workshop that teaches sales professionals how to leverage the cultural values of an organisation, team, or decision-maker to open more sales opportunities, shorten sale cycles, and close more deals.
Using the Cultural Intelligence (CQ) model, CQ Sales draws upon research-based findings to provide strategies for selling to companies of various organisational cultures and individuals, groups, and business units of diverse cultural backgrounds. Participants leave with a personalized action plan for selling into a diversity of markets.
The workshop can be delivered virtually or in-person.
INTERACTIVE AND REAL-LIFE PRACTICE
This workshop is highly experiential and includes several interactive activities to get sales professionals to apply cultural intelligence, or CQ, to the sales process. Participants practice applying cultural value differences and cultural intelligence to the fundamentals of sales and specifically to four key steps in selling: Preparation, Discovery, Pitching, and Closing.
One of the interactive aspects of this workshop that sets it apart from other programs is the CQ Sales Simulation. Throughout the workshop, participants work to understand and effectively sell to one of three fictitious organisations complete with websites, job listings, and cultural values profiles. By the end of the workshop, participants are able to take the skills they gained selling to these fictitious organisations and apply them to real-life prospects to whom they are hoping to sell.
- Understand CQ and how it can benefit a sales professional
- Develop an understanding of 10 cultural values and how to leverage them to conduct better sales discovery, pitching and negotiating
- Recognize the cultural values that are most relevant to the sales process
- Construct a strategy for selling to individuals, teams and business units with certain combinations of cultural values
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Access to CQ Starter and MyCV e-learning courses
- CQ Your Sales Guide (40-page guide you can reference anytime)
- Personal Cultural Values Profile
- Case Studies
- CQ Sales Simulation Materials
- Real-time feedback on your ability to sell into new markets
- Certificate of Completion that can be shared and added to your social media accounts
- Digital Badge to validate your accomplishments. Showcase your digital badge on your email, resume, and social media accounts!
Schedule & Objectives
Workshop Agenda and Objectives
CQ Sales Foundations | CQ your Sales
- Identify pain points when selling into different cultures
- See how CQ is proven to increase sales in different markets
CQ Sales Foundations | Understanding your Cultural Values
- Discover what your personal and organisational values are
- Understand how cultural values influence the sales process
CQ Sales Strategies | Step 1: PREPARE
- Learn how to uncover a prospect’s cultural values to gather the information needed
- Challenge: Information Gathering from culturally diverse prospects
- Activity: CQ Sales Simulation Part I: Research your prospect
CQ Sales Strategies | Step 2: DISCOVER
- Apply cultural intelligence to a discovery call with someone from an unfamiliar cultural context
- Challenge: Building Rapport with culturally diverse prospects
- Activity: CQ Sales Simulation Part II: Discovery Call Role-Play
CQ Sales Strategies | Step 3: PITCH
- Adapt sales pitch to create value in light of the cultural differences involved.
- Challenge: Demonstrating Value to culturally diverse prospects
- Activity: CQ Sales Simulation Part III: Pitching Contest!
CQ Sales Strategies | Step 4: CLOSE
- Gain strategies to negotiate successful deals with culturally-diverse prospects.
- Challenge: Decision-Making by culturally diverse prospects
- Activity: Developing your CQ Sales Action Plan
Fees & Cancellation Policy
Full payment is due upon registration or within 7 days of receiving an invoice for the workshop and is non-refundable. However, we will allow a registrant the one-time option to transfer their registration to another available session within one calendar year, so long as written (email) notice is provided to the CQ Center 5 days prior to the workshop start date. If a registrant provides less than 5 days’ notice of a transfer request, an administrative fee of £75 USD will be assessed.
If a registrant fails to attend a workshop and no notice is provided before the workshop starts, that individual will be considered a “no-show” and will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer that registration.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session 30 days out. Full refunds will be given if we do so.