Who we are
Cultural Intelligence Center, LLC
678 Front Ave NW, Suite 340
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Our website address is: https://culturalquk.wpengine.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Gravityforms.com collects some personal data from its users. We highly respect your privacy. All data we collect is used for internal purposes only and we will never sell your personal information to 3rd parties.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
This section of our Privacy Notice provides details about interest-based online advertising (also called “targeted advertising”, “remarketing”, or “behavioral advertising”), Google Analytics, and your choices with respect to this type of advertising.
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understand the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit our opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because that page is not operated by the CQC Businesses, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For residents of the European Union, please note that this Policy has been updated in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For residents of the rest of the world, by visiting, joining, or using our website or Services, you consent to, and authorize our use of your personal information as described in this Policy.
What is the Cultural Intelligence Center, LLC?
Cultural Intelligence Center, LLC (CQC) is a private company registered in Michigan, USA that conducts research and provides training, assessments, consulting, and e-learning products related to Cultural Intelligence (CQ). Our primary website address is: www.culturalquk.wpengine.com.
Who provides the Services and controls my information?
CQC provides the Services offered by our website and e-learning products and acts as the data Controller of your personal information.
Our legal bases for collecting, using, sharing, and otherwise processing your information include:
- Consent – by providing us with your personal data you have consented to our use of this data for the sole purpose of providing the assessments, training, or Services that you or your organisation have purchased from us, along with associated reports;
- Scientific and Research purposes – with your consent, we sometimes use your personal data for scientific or research purposes.
- Contact forms – we provide forms on our websites for you to use to contact us. The information submitted in such forms is used for internal purposes only and we will never sell your personal information to 3rd parties.
Website Analytics – we analyze web traffic and activities on our digital properties in aggregate to refine our services and products for the best user experience.
Our legitimate interests for collecting and processing your personal data are that it is necessary for us to provide the Services you or your organisation have purchased from us.
Information we collect
From you, or with your permission. We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly by completing a form on our website or answering questions on an assessment, survey or quiz. Here are some examples of information we collect:
- When you register on our website, you provide your user name and email address.
- If you take one of our CQ Assessments, you provide some demographic information about yourself and you provide answers to survey questions about your Cultural Value preferences and beliefs or your cultural knowledge, capabilities and motivations.
- If you take one of our e-learning courses, you answer quiz questions and sometimes create personal goals, plans or notes as part of your training.
- When you fill out a form on our website, you are providing information necessary for CQC to contact you, make a purchase from CQC, or register for a CQC event
From your browser and device. Like nearly every other online service, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use our website and learning products. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This technical information is stored in computer log files and is not associated with your individual identity. This technical information includes:
- Device data which tells us about the device you’re using, its operating system and the type of browser you are using.
- Log data which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and what pages or links you visited on our website.
How we use your information
We use the information you provide to us to offer our Services to you or your organisation. These Services often involve our Cultural Values survey or one of our CQ Assessments, which depend on information you provide about yourself to provide you with educational feedback by offering context and perspective on your scores or preferences as compared to others. The information we collect from you, along with your organisational affiliation (if any) is the only source for our information about you.
We do not track your browsing outside of our website and we do not purchase or obtain any information about you from third-party providers. We do use standard third-party applications on our website to conduct normal business practices, such as collecting credit card payments and building web forms. Any information collected by these reputable third parties is subject to their privacy policies. These third parties include “Stripe” (collection of credit card data), Google Analytics (for basic web traffic analytics), and Zapier (for collection of inquiry request via our webforms). The only information provided to these third parties is provided by you. We do not provide any information beyond what is given by you when interacting with these applications. We do not use or display advertising for third-party products and services. We do not use any of the information you provide to us to make inferences about you and we do not store any information about you that you do not provide to us by completing a form, a quiz, or an assessment. We do not share your data with any third parties, except when you give us permission to share with qualified University researchers as discussed below.
This is how we handle your personal information when you complete one of our surveys or assessments:
- When you take a Cultural Values survey or complete a CQ Assessment on our website, we store your raw responses in an encrypted, anonymized data base and we do not share your individual responses to survey or assessment items without your permission.
- When you take a Cultural Values survey or complete a CQ assessment on our website, we provide a Feedback Report to you that includes a synthesis and summary of the information you provided, comparisons with worldwide norms or other statistical parameters, and general information intended to aid in your learning. This Feedback Report is stored as a downloadable PDF file and is accessible by you through your individual dashboard when you are logged onto our system.
- If you are a student, your teacher or professor may have access to your Feedback Report – either through our website tools or through your school Learning Management System.
- If you are an employee or a member of an organisation that has contracted with CQC or sponsored the training, your organisation may have access to your feedback report through the program manager or authorized human resources contact, although we encourage all organisations to limit access to individual feedback reports.
- If you are part of a group of ten or more participants, your information may be used to generate overall average scores that are reported in a Group Feedback Report. If you are part of a group that is smaller than ten individuals, we do not generate or publish Group Feedback Reports in order to protect the anonymity of individual scores.
- If you use one of our Team products, your overall scores and aggregate responses will be shared with members of your team through a specially-designed Team Feedback Report.
- If you participate as an observer in one of our Multi-rater products, your data will be summarized and included anonymously in our Multi-rater Feedback Report to the individual you evaluated.
• If you are a job candidate that takes an assessment associated with our CQ Talent™ products, the assessment results are shared with your prospective employer in the form of a feedback report that summarizes your individual scores.
- If you take one of our e-learning courses, information about your general progress through the course as well as your answers to quiz questions and overall quiz performance will be available to your instructor or program manager through our web tools or through your school’s Learning Management System.
- When you take an assessment or a survey, we ask for your permission to use your data for research purposes. This permission is completely voluntary and, if you provide such permission, we may share your data with qualified University researchers as part of research studies that meet strict criteria for “human subjects” research, including data privacy. Your individual data will never be published in any form where individual participants are named or recognizable. If you do not provide permission, we never share named data with any third parties, including researchers.
- We store all user data from all assessments and surveys and quizzes in anonymous form and we use this raw data in aggregate for the purposes of calculating worldwide norms and statistical measurements, and for conducting research on general trends, correlations, relationships and predictability of data over time.
- CQC administrators and programmers have controlled access to all data in our system, but the number of people who can access this data is carefully limited to a few people responsible for maintaining our systems.
- We retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you submitted your information. Since we periodically use data from all users to update such things as worldwide norms or average quiz performance, your raw data scores or survey answers may be stored in anonymized form (not associated with your personal identity) in perpetuity.
Our primary databases and software applications are cloud-based and run on servers that are based in the United States. We select our vendors with security in mind and we periodically review our vendor’s security policies and arrangements. All data is transferred securely using standard https TLS 1.2 encryption and is stored in an encrypted state. We expect our vendors to take commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures designed to safeguard your information from loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
If you would like to access, review, delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us using the mechanisms provided below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
To make such a request, please call us at +1.616.855.1737 or email to: email@example.com.
In the event that you request us to delete your personal information, we will take steps to delete your personal account and remove all personal information from our database. If you are a member of an organisation and you took one of our assessments or e-Learning courses under your organisation’s auspices, your information may remain available to the organisation for use in group reports in an anonymized form.
Sharing information with third parties
We do not share information with any service providers, affiliates, partners, or other third parties, with one exception. Occasionally, we cooperate with qualified university researchers that are conducting academic research into Cultural Intelligence and related matters. We have a qualification process under which we screen proposals from university researchers and, if we decide the research proposal is qualified from an academic and research standpoint, we make access to that researcher’s data (i.e. the subjects they invite to complete the online assessment) available under controlled circumstances. If we do make data available, we require that these researchers meet strict criteria for “human subjects” research, including data privacy, and that they have obtained the consent of individual users to access user data. Under no circumstances would a researcher have access to data from participants they did not invite to complete an online assessment. One condition of our data sharing is that individual survey responses will never be published in any form where individual participants are named or recognizable.
NOTE: DATA COLLECTED UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE U.S. ARMY WAR COLLEGE/U.S. ARMY WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANY GROUP OTHER THAN THE U.S. ARMY WAR COLLEGE/U.S. ARMY.
We do not show any advertisements from third parties on any of our applications and we do not sell advertising space on any of our digital applications. We may retain, preserve, or share your personal information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g. a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues.
EMAIL AND OTHER FORMS OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS FROM CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE CENTER.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
Embedded content from other websites behave as if the visitor has visited the embedded content’s host website.
Other Services and websites. In using our digital services, you may come across links to websites and services operated by third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity if you click on the link and access their website or service. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such external sites’ privacy and security practices.
Cultural Intelligence Center, LLC
30300 Telegraph Road, STE 260 Bingham Farms MI 48025
Data Protection Officer: Keyla Waslawski
Last updated: January 20, 2021