- Format Virtual
- Duration 4 hours
- Price $425 USD
Our Building with Cultural Intelligence (CQ) virtual workshop is for contractors, project managers and other leaders in construction looking for proven strategies to improve their multicultural personal and professional relationships. This live, interactive program will help anyone who works with different cultures, whether multinational, generational, ethnic, or even different organisational cultures within a workplace.
Your cultural intelligence (CQ) can predict your decision making ability, task performance, and leadership performance in a culturally diverse situation. In Building With CQ, we will use case studies from the construction industry to show you proven strategies for improving your CQ.
Building with CQ goes beyond cultural awareness; it utilizes peer-reviewed research to offer recognized methods for building an individual’s cultural intelligence and having more effective cross-cultural connections.
This program will introduce participants to cultural intelligence and equip them with strategies for
applying it to any multicultural context. The overall objective is to improve intercultural performance.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Self-awareness of how culture influences your interactions with others
- Understanding how to develop and apply CQ in yourself and others
- Effectiveness working with multicultural colleagues and customers
You Will Receive
- CQ Starter program
- What’s Your CQ? participant guide
- CQ Pro Assessment & Feedback Report: View Sample Report
- MYCQ™ e-learning course
- Digital copy of Expand Your Borders, written by Dr. David Livermore
- Certificate of Completion that can be shared and added to your social media accounts
- Digital Badge to validate your accomplishments. Showcase your digital badge on your email, resume, and social media accounts!
Schedule & Objectives
Workshop Agenda & Objectives
- Become familiar with facilitator, co-participants, and purpose of the workshop
- Recognize the relevance of cultural intelligence
- Be able to define “culture”
Mapping Cultural Diversity
- Understand ten cultural value dimensions
- Identify behaviors typically associated with each cultural value preference
- Develop awareness of the cultural value preferences of self and others
What’s Your CQ? Overview
- Develop an understanding of cultural intelligence
- Recognize the importance of cultural intelligence as a key capability for intercultural
What’s Your CQ Drive?
- Understand the importance of CQ Drive for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Drive scores and learn strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Drive
What’s Your CQ Knowledge?
- Understand the importance of CQ Knowledge for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Knowledge scores and learn strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Knowledge
What’s Your CQ Strategy?
- Understand the importance of CQ Strategy for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Strategy scores and strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Strategy
What’s Your CQ Action?
- Understand the importance of CQ Action for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Action scores and strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Action
- Apply knowledge about cultural values and CQ to a specific case study
- Understand leading practices for effective, diverse teams
CQ Action Plan
- Create an action plan for improving and applying CQ
- Be motivated to develop CQ in self and others
Fees & Cancellation Policy
Full payment is due upon registration or within 7 days of receiving an invoice for the workshop and is non-refundable.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session 30 days out. Full refunds will be given if we do so.