THE CULTURALLY INTELLIGENT LEADER
Cultural Intelligence or CQ is what gives leaders the skills and confidence to effectively lead diverse teams.
Here are a few issues we repeatedly hear from the executives we work with:
- “I want to create a culture within my organization where all team members are excited to come to work each day and do the best job they can.”
- “One of the biggest problems we face is the ability to attract and retain talent.”
- “Succession planning is an issue. Where are the next level of leaders in my company?”
We have created THE CULTURALLY INTELLIGENT LEADER to help organisations with these issues.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT THAN OTHER LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS?
This is not a training program, it’s a developmental program equipping the next generation of leaders to lead effectively in our globalized, diverse world.
- Each program candidate needs to be sponsored by a leader in their organization.
- By learning the CQ model, participants gain an ability to lead diverse and globalized teams, which in turn drives success throughout the organization.
- Utilizing case studies and real-world scenarios, participants will immediately apply their learning to real-life scenarios in their own organisations.
- After the program, each participant will make a formal presentation to their executive team addressing a pressing issue within their organization(s).
- Program includes expert instruction, peer coaching and development, accountability, and problem solving for culturally diverse situations.
We are helping to develop your leaders, not simply training them.
We will have more information to share about this exciting program in the coming weeks. Please scroll down to contact us and learn more about the The Culturally Intelligent Leader program. In the meantime we have provided additional information about Cultural Intelligence (or CQ).
“Thank you for such an awesome experience. I learned so much from you, the other CQ staff members, guest speakers and my fellow classmates. It was so powerful and I would highly recommend this to people considering certification and implementing within their organisations. The fact that you married together certifications AND strategy building was what puts this experience over the top and sets CQC apart from the competition. I left feeling like I built more depth in my knowledge, skills and capabilities and more confident as well. Bonus, I feel I have expanded my network to include some pretty freaking amazing thought leaders too!” – L. Collins
Details About the Culturally Intelligent Leader Program
- 4 Month Program – $7,500 USD
- Includes two Intensives (beginning and end of program) and 3+ MasterMind Sessions
- Program outline consists of pre-work, admissions interview, office hours with our Master Facilitator, accountably sessions and much more.
- First Intensive begins on February 8, 2022 and will be fully virtual.
Culturally Intelligent Leaders exhibit the following characteristics:
- Exceptional at anticipating and managing change
- Has a leadership mentality vs. a management mentality
- Incorporates a diverse and global perspective into day-to-day decision making
- Creates team cultures where differences thrive.
- Ties together the impact of culture on leadership and uses the impact on culture to help drive leadership decisions
Benefits to Organisations
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Build leadership pool for succession planning
- Build a strong culture for entire organization
- Increase innovation
- Drive Strategic Execution
- Increase success navigating change
- Boost employee morale; invest in them, they invest in you!
Benefits to Attendees
- Developed Leadership Skills
- Preparation for future Success
- Recognition of potential by company
- Ability to motivate a diverse and inclusive team
- Greater impact as a leader
- Increased earning potential
Meet the Program Facilitators
Viviane Vicente is a global professional with a legal background and over 20 years of experience in both government and corporate settings. Prior to joining the Cultural Intelligence Center, she operated her own consultancy, specialized in educating business people, military personnel, nonprofit staff, and other professionals on how to communicate, present, and successfully lead in domestic and international environments. She is passionate about organisational behavior topics and has spoken on matters of Business Etiquette and Cross-cultural Management at various events around the world.
Viviane possesses a Law degree and an MBA from Brazilian universities, a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in National Security and U.S. Foreign Relations Law from The George Washington University Law School, and a Certificate degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) from Georgetown University. She is a speaker of English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
SAMARA HAKIM, JD
Samara is the President of CulturGrit, LLC. She is an international culture and inclusion thought leader, data strategist, speaker, writer, and facilitator. For over a decade, Samara has equipped leaders with the cultural intelligence to work with those who are different, by mitigating bias and integrating culture into business practices and metrics. She has extensive experience in communication and conflict management, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and culture transformation. Samara is a dynamic speaker who engages people to think beyond their comfort zone to work across differences. She draws on a range of experiences including her cross-cultural work, her career as a lawyer, and her personal background. Samara grew up in Lebanon. She has traveled extensively and is fluent in French, Arabic, and English, and proficient in Spanish. Samara loves chocolate, biking, and dancing. She currently resides in San Diego, CA.
Partners We Work With
We believe that diverse perspectives plus Cultural Intelligence (CQ) creates better solutions for all. We have the privilege of working with hundreds of companies, government agencies, non-profit organisations, and educational institutions across the globe. We strive to become a strategic partner in addressing the opportunities and challenges for working across cultures. The organisations we work with realize the benefits of being culturally intelligent. These benefits include:
- Working effectively on a diverse team
- Leading effectively in a diverse environment
- Negotiating effectively across cultures
- Transforming organizational cultures
- Including and retaining staff and students from diverse backgrounds
- Relating or working with people from different cultural backgrounds in any context (hiring, study abroad experiences, cultural readiness, managing bias, etc.)
Learn more about Cultural Intelligence.
About the Cultural Intelligence Center
Who We Are
The Cultural Intelligence Center is an innovative, research-based consulting and training organization that draws upon empirical findings to help executives, companies, universities, and government organizations assess and improve cultural intelligence (CQ)—the ability to work effectively with people from different nationalities, ethnicities, age groups, and more. We provide you with innovative solutions that improve multicultural performance based on rigorous academic research. Watch this short video to learn more.
what we do
We help develop innovative solutions that improve multicultural performance based on rigorous academic research. In culturally diverse situations, CQ helps to predict the following:
- Personal Adjustment and Adaptability
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Negotiation Effectiveness
- Trust, Idea Sharing, and Innovation
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Profitability and Cost-Savings
BENEFITS OF CQ include
With our help, organisations that implement CQ solutions typically benefit in many ways including:
- Success in culturally diverse markets
- Speed and efficiency when working across borders
- Effective short-term and long-term global assignments
- Becoming an employer of choice
- Profitability and cost savings
- Multicultural team effectiveness
- Global virtual team effectiveness
Learn More About The Culturally Intelligent Leader Program
Hello, my name is Tina Merry and I am excited you are want to learn more about our new leadership program for high potentials.
Organisations of all sizes struggle with developing leaders for the next generation, attracting and retaining talent, and creating an inclusive culture that allows everyone to thrive. Our program is designed to develop the next level of leaders through the lens of Cultural Intelligence. Throughout the 4 months of the program, high potentials will develop the skills necessary to be valuable leaders in today’s diverse and globalized world.
Please complete the form below and I will respond back with a few dates/time for meeting and exploring the program further. Thank you!