- Format Virtual
- Duration 4 hours
- Price £ 295 GPB
The CQ®Your Bias virtual workshop will elevate your professional and personal life by helping you get an in-depth understanding of implicit (unconscious) and explicit bias. Since we all have biases, this workshop also teaches you how to manage your bias during interactions with others.
This invaluable skill benefits individuals and organisations by helping them become self-aware global citizens equipped with actionable insights into personal biases and systemic biases present in societal and organisational practices, processes, and policies.
CQ® Your Bias participants will develop the critical skill of cultural intelligence using the Cultural Intelligence (CQ) framework. This framework draws upon research-based findings to provide strategies for disrupting bias in individuals’ lives and organisations.
The CQ® Your Bias virtual workshop uses the Cultural Intelligence Centre’s e-learning course combined with an interactive, live course led by an experienced trainer in unconscious bias.
To recognise and manage bias in interactions by applying research-based solutions for cultivating self-awareness and culturally intelligent strategies.
- Understand why bias matters
- Recognise sources of explicit and implicit bias
- Identify systemic bias in our organisations/institutions
- Practise culturally intelligent strategies to disrupt bias
You Will Receive
- Introduction to Managing Bias Programme
- CQ Assessment
- MyUB™ e-learning programme
- CQ® Your Bias participant guide
- The Curious Traveler digital book by Dr. David Livermore
- Certificate of Completion that can be shared and added to your social media accounts
- Digital Badge to validate your accomplishments. Showcase your digital badge on your email, CV, and social media accounts!
Available Dates & Locations
Schedule & Objectives
Workshop Agenda & Objectives
- Understand workshop objectives and agenda
- Define ground rules for participation interaction
Manage Bias with Cultural Intelligence: CQ Drive
- Develop a deeper understanding of unconscious bias and ways CQ can help disrupt bias
- Know the three everyday influences proven to increase the application of bias
- Possess strategies for interrupting everyday influences
See Unconscious Bias: CQ Knowledge
- Understand the personal and organisational effect of covering
- Define and recognise multiple types of bias, especially affinity and confirmation bias
- Learn CQ strategies for reducing covering and responding effectively to microaggressions
Disrupt Biased Systems and Practices: CQ Strategy
- Understand how bias affects organisational systems and practices
- Learn CQ strategies to manage bias across the employee lifecycle
- Learn five CQ strategies for managing decision-making bias
- Apply bias-busting CQ strategies to real-world scenarios
Create an Action Plan: CQ Action
- Commit to implementing several CQ strategies to manage bias
- Recognise managing bias as an ongoing process
- Develop a personal action plan to take effective action in managing and challenging bias
Fees & Cancellation Policy
Full payment is due upon registration or within 7 days of receiving an invoice for the workshop and is non-refundable. However, we will allow a registrant the one-time option to transfer their registration to another available session within one calendar year, so long as written (email) notice is provided to the CQ Centre 5 days prior to the workshop start date. If a registrant provides less than 5 days’ notice of a transfer request, an administrative fee of £75 will be assessed.
If a registrant fails to attend a workshop and no notice is provided before the workshop starts, that individual will be considered a “no-show” and will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer that registration.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session 30 days out. Full refunds will be given if we do so.